Lizzies's Granola

Wow, this granola is really good and incredibly easy to make!  I've been eating it plain as a snack (I always crave crunchy things) but will try with some yogurt for breakfast over the new few days.

The only thing I changed was that I used 1 cup of the shredded coconut instead of 2, since I'm not a huge fan of coconut.


Lizzie's Granola
(Michael Symon's Recipe from Cooking Channel)

Ingredients
4 cups rolled oats
2 cups unsweetened coconut
2 cups slivered almonds
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups of your favorite dried fruit, such as dates and dried cherries, chopped (Note: I added golden raisins and dried cranberries, both un-chopped)
 
Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
 
Combine the oats, coconut, almonds, cashews, oil, honey, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl, and toss together to coat. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake until golden, 30 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Add the dried fruit and serve. If not using right away, store in an airtight container, adding the dried fruit to order.

Comments

Popular Posts