Arugula, Fennel, and Apricot Salad

I found this recipe for Arugula, Fennel, and Apricot salad on Bon Appetit's website while searching for recipes to utilize fresh apricots I received in this week's CSA bag. I could have gone the "apricot tart" route, which I am sure would have been delicious, but I opted for the healthier salad option. Plus, I also received fennel in this week's bag, so I got to kill two birds with one salad :)


This was super easy and turned out great. I used regular balsamic vinegar instead of white balsamic and used walnuts instead of pistachios...simply because it is what I had on hand. I forgot how much I like arugula since I haven't had it in a while. The fresh apricots were nice and ripe and sweet. I love raw fennel and it was fab in this salad.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic)                                           
2 tablespoons minced shallot
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 5-ounce container arugula leaves
1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fronds (I sliced with mandolin)                                            
6 large apricots, pitted, sliced
1/4 cup unsalted natural pistachios (I used walnuts)                                            
 
Directions
Create the dressing by whisking the vinegar and shallots and in small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.  Add the chopped fennel fronds.  Slowly whisk in the olive oil.  Taste for seasoning and add more salt or pepper as you see fit.
 
Place arugula, sliced fennel, and apricots in large bowl.  Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the nut of your choice on the salad and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts