Michael Symon's Sicilian Cauliflower

I'm always looking for new ideas for vegetable side dishes.  My husband and I tend to eat a lot of the same vegetables, especially during the week.  I saw an episode of Symon's Suppers on the Cooking Channel where Michael Symon made roasted cauliflower that looked amazing with a lot of flavors going on.  I grabbed his cookbook off my shelf, Michael Symon's Carnivore, and found a similar recipe.

I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand, so I tweaked it slightly. 

This was delicious!  I loved the combination of textures and flavors.  Next time I would definitely add some toasted pine nuts (as the recipe calls for but I didn't have) to give it some extra crunch.  I think this would be a great side dish for entertaining since you can make it in advance and serve at room temperature.



Ingredients (as I made it):
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
1/2 cup currants
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
1 teaspoon minced anchovy
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon honey
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt.  Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until golden or light brown.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool.

Mix all of the ingredients, except the remaining olive oil, in a large bowl.  Whisk in the olive oil.  Add the cauliflower and stir. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts