Zucchini Pie

My mom makes a really yummy zucchini pie but couldn't find her recipe.  I found this recipe on http://www.realsimple.com and tweaked it slightly. 

I'm not sure if this would be considered a quiche or frittata.  It's baked, which points to quiche.  But, it doesn't have a crust or cream/milk which points to frittata.  I guess "pie" will work.   This is great for breakfast or brunch.  You can probably add other veggies (asparagus, spinach, etc.) or even some chopped bacon or ham.

The eggs I used were small so I used 5. The flavors were really good.  My mom's recipe is a little lighter, so I will post that when she makes it.


Ingredients:
1 zucchini, chopped small                                                                        
small onion, chopped
1 cup  all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
5 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil (plus 1 tablespoon)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.

onions, zucchini and parsley

flour, baking powder, salt and pepper

eggs

added cheese to zucchini mix

added flour mixture to the cheese and zucchini mix

added eggs

Spoon the zucchini mixture into a 10-inch round glass pie plate or metal pie pan that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray.   
 
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.


   


Comments

Popular Posts