White Chicken Chili


A friend at work made this for our holiday potluck and gave me the recipe. It's super easy, pretty healthy and tasty.  I made this the day I made the sugar cookies for the cookie swap since I knew I’d be busy for a few hours decorating cookies (and I would NOT feel like cooking afterwards).  I was able to throw everything in the crock pot in the morning and forget about it.  Super easy! 
 
I did not use the sour cream and instead of taco seasoning I used fajita seasoning since I had it in the pantry. 


  
Ingredients
1 ¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans or navy beans, rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can of golden or white hominy, rinsed. (You can substitute hominy with white corn.)
1 (1 ¼ ounce) envelope taco seasoning
1 (4 ½ ounce) can of chopped green chilies
1 (10 ¾ ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
Chopped green onions (optional)
Monterey jack cheese (optional)

Directions

Place chicken in a slow cooker.   Top with beans and hominy. 
 
In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, chilies, condensed soup, and chicken broth. Pour over top of ingredients in the slow cooker.   Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. 
 
Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken, or remove the chicken, shred it and stir it back into the pot. Then stir in the sour cream. Serve topped with green onions and jack cheese, if desired.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts