Weekend in Chicago!




A few weeks ago we went to Chicago for the weekend for a friend's wedding. My husband and I haven't been to Chicago in years, and we were both there before we met each other. We flew in Friday morning, so we had all of Friday to sight see. Actually, we didn't see many sights - we were more interested in the bar scene :)
Hotel: The Westin River North


We had dinner at RPM Italian.  I heard about it on the show Giuliana and Bill (Rancic) as they are part owners.  It was a few blocks walk from the hotel, so it was uber convenient.  The food was AMAZING!  I will say I was pretty tipsy when we arrived.  Anyways, I would highly recommend it.  It was a young crowd, the bar was hopping, and the music was loud; it was like we were in a dance club!  

We started with the beef carpaccio ($15) which was yummy.  I had Mama Depandi's bucatini pomodoro ($10) and the hubby had cacio e pepe ($12).  The waiter warned us that the portions of pasta were small, so he suggested sides or another pasta.  We went with a side of kale and pancetta ($7).  Everything was delicious.  The pomodoro sauce was fabulous, and my husband really enjoyed his pasta. 

For dessert we split Bill's chocolate budino ($8) and I had some espresso.  The budino was like a chocolate mousse with caramel and cocoa nibs on top.  I may have licked the bowl.  It was sooooo good.  The caramel added the perfect amount of salt.

I didn't take too many pics here, but below is the beef carpaccio.

Beef Carpaccio


The next morning we had brunch at Bridge House Tavern, which was right on the river.  We were walking around trying to find a place, and the fact that they have a section on their menu entitled "Hangover Helpers" seemed like a good sign.  I had a bloody mary and the huevos rancheros.  My husband had some type of salad with chicken.  Overall the meal was pretty good, but the location is great.  We sat outside and were right by the river.


 




The wedding reception was at Gibson's Bar & Steakhouse (located on N. Rush Street).  The food was delicious!  Our steaks were fabulous, and I would definitely go to Gibson's for dinner the next time we are in Chicago.  There were other bars and restaurants in the area, so seemed like a great area to hang out.

Overall we had a great time in Chicago!

 
 




Comments

Popular Posts